Blants Laundry Blend
We are a passionate team at Blants! Passion is what inspires us, gives us our kick-start, our mojo each day! We love what we do! That same passion inspired us to formulate Laundry Blend.
Modern washing detergents are a chemical concoction. Many skin sensitive, chemical sensitive, or scent sensitive people can experience distress after washing in commercial laundry detergents. It seems there remains a residual of those chemicals within the fibres of materials. Most of us would prefer an alternative! There are some aptly named eco friendly laundry powders on the market, but a read through the ingredients in even some of those leaves you wondering!
So we decided to craft our own. We tested and tweaked it until we arrived at our crafted formula we simply named Laundry Blend. Our Laundry Blend is a plant and mineral based formula that really works!
What’s NOT in our Laundry Blend
There are none, absolutely none of these chemicals that irritate sensitive skin.
- No added colours or fragrance
- No artificial brighteners
- No sodium lauryl sulfate
- Phosphate free
- No added acids
- Enzyme free
- No fillers
That’s really good news!
What IS in our Laundry Blend
- Ground Coconut Soap – this is Blants own Ground Coconut Soap made in Sri Lanka exclusively for Blants. Made from three simple ingredients – Organic Coconuts, Lye and water. Fat or oil, lye and water are the three base essential ingredients of any soap. We don’t add anything extra.
- Sodium Percarbonate – Sodium Percarbonate is an oxygen booster. Whoever thought of this is a genius. It is hydrogen peroxide encased in washing soda. When added to hot water the dense oxygen within the hydrogen peroxide is released into the water. As an ingredient in this formula it reacts with and infuses all the ingredients with an enhanced oxygen boost wash.
- Washing Soda – Our Washing Soda is from a natural source in the USA. Washing Soda is a key ingredient as a water softener in some commercial washing detergents. Hard water is water with high levels of minerals. Those minerals limit the sudsing/soaping of detergents. Washing Soda both cleans and softens water, allowing the soap to clean effectively.
- Bicarb Soda – Good old Bicarb Soda, also known as Sodium Bicarbonate is a wonderfully effective cleaner used for generations by generations, as an all-purpose cleaner for all sorts of cleaning projects. Very effective in the wash, our Bicarb is of Natural origin, sourced from the USA.
- Borax – A natural product derived from Turkey. Borax is often understated in its application and effectiveness. It softens water, cleans and is a natural deodorant, but its other claim to fame is its effectiveness as an anti-fungal, anti-yeast, anti-mould, and its ability to neutralise fluoride in tap water.
Using a Top Loader
For Top Loaders our general recommendations are to add 1 – 2 scoops of laundry blend into a jar or bucket with very hot water and shake/stir to dissolve – then as the machine is filling with water add it to the wash. The hot water releases oxygen from the sodium percarbonate into the blend/wash. Can wash on any temperature but for best results wash on warm – warm/hot cycle.
Using a Front Loader
We ran a survey requesting feedback from the Blants Community on using Blants Laundry Blend in a front loader washing machine. We are very grateful so many engaged and shared the innovative ways they use Laundry Blend in their front loaders.
There were two methods that our community used more than others with both being very simple and hassle-free.
The most popular method is to add a scoop of Laundry Blend to the draw and wash in warm water. Well, that’s very simple isn’t it 🙂
The other is to first dissolve Laundry Blend in a bucket of hot water, add to draw and wash in cold water. Again, very simple 🙂
Whichever method you choose, you will get outstanding results. For the cleanest of cleans use hot water as hot water releases more oxygen into the wash.
*Blants Laundry Blend is low-sudsing so should be suited to most front loaders, but maybe not all. We recommend, trial wash at first by using only a half scoop to assess its suitability to your machine. If okay, increase to full scoop.
Tip: if you would like to wash in warm/hot water but are concerned you may use too much water from your hot water tank, not leaving enough for showers and baths, wash late at night or set your machine timer to wash late at night. The tank will re-heat in the off-peak times of the early hours whilst you are sleeping.
The amount of Laundry Blend needed per wash will vary from wash to wash depending on the machine size, the wash level, and level of soiling on clothes but in general, one scoop is sufficient.
*Laundry Blend may cause colour-fast materials to run or fade. Be sure to pre-test the suitability of Laundry Blend to your application before use. Blants do not accept responsibility if the garment colour appears to fade after washed.
Laundry Blend Reviews
Helpful customer reviews and ratings to assist you with deciding on a product: