What is Activated Charcoal (Activated Carbon)
Activated Charcoal, also known as activated carbon, is a highly porous substance with an enormous surface area comparative to its apparent size.
Applied topically, it is a powerful detoxifier attracting and removing toxins, free radicals and pollutants from the surface of the body.
How does Activated Charcoal work
Positively charged ‘free radicals’ are attracted to the surface of the negatively charged charcoal. Due to micro-pores not visible to the naked eye the surface area of the Activated Carbon is immensely greater than what it appears. Have you ever watched Dr Who and his Tardis? From the outside it looks like a small police box, however it is absolutely huge inside! It defies the laws of physics! This is the same with Activated Charcoal. One teaspoon of Activated Charcoal powder adsorbs a huge amount of toxins.
About Blants Activated Charcoal Powder (Activated Carbon)
Imported from Sri Lanka, Blants Activated Charcoal is a super-fine powder made from organic coconut shells, steam activated and meticulously formulated as both Food (FCC certified food grade) and USP, EUP and BP, the purest Activated Charcoal available.
It is non-GMO, Gluten free, not tested on animals, suitable for vegans. It has no additives, no free-flow, no anti-cake, colours or flavours. It’s simply 100% Activated Carbon.
Uses for Activated Charcoal
Just to name a few
- Skin revitalising – face masks and scrubs – Activated Charcoal is an extraordinary exfoliant, drawing dirt, bacteria and impurities that lie deep within the pores of the skin, resulting in a wonderful youthful complexion and helpful in overcoming skin conditions such as acne.
- Detox Face Mask – Mix 2 teaspoons of Activated Charcoal with enough water to the consistency of a paste. Apply all over the face with a face brush, being sure to apply evenly. It will then start to dry. After it dries it can be rinsed off, leaving your skin feeling wonderfully refreshed.
- Whitens teeth and a mouth tonic – corrects pH in the mouth, is anti-inflammatory, removes plaque, removes stains on teeth, deodorises the mouth and subsequently promotes good breath, and strong and healthy gums & teeth. Use your toothbrush to mix charcoal, then brush your teeth.
- Water filtration – Activated Charcoal is present in the most basic to high tech water filters where it traps all sorts of impurities and chemicals to provide clean ‘toxin and chemical free’ drinking water.
- Mild Bites & Stings – For relief from bites and stings, mix Activated Charcoal with water or an oil such as Coconut or Olive oil to the consistency of a paste and apply to the affected area. Cover and seal the area with band aids or dressing. Depending on the severity and toxicity, you may need to seek medical advice or assistance.
- Air Purifier – Since Charcoal is negatively charged, it attracts positive ions in the air and so is used in many air purifiers to adsorb dust, chemicals and odours in the air.